The way you start the morning can affect your whole day. Sahar shares some simple tips reducing your stress and anxiety and increasing your chances of having a satisfying, productive day.
“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know it’s beauty all the days of your life.”
~ Apache Blessing
A morning ritual allows you to start your day in a place of intention for your healing
and health. Allow your morning ritual to guide you into nourishing your mind, body
1. Make an Intention for the day. This could be as simple as expressing your desire to
give yourself time to cleanse and heal.
2. Invest in a copper/metal tongue scraper. Each morning, scrape the tongue 7 times
to remove toxins and bacteria from the mouth and to help to keep the breath fresh.
3. Dry brush the body daily to improve circulation, clear off dead skin cells and
stimulate lymphatic drainage. Start at your feet and brush your way upwards
towards the heart. Remember to brush your arms, back and chest. Do gentle
circular movements around the abdomen.
4. Drink 500ml of filtered water with a probiotic to support dehydration and help to
increase healthy bacteria in the gut.
5. Drink 500ml Warm lemon water. Fresh lemon juice has an alkalizing effect on the
body and helps flush the liver and digestive system.
6. Drink a green smoothie or juice daily. My favourite smoothie recipe below.
A plentiful source of chlorophyll that nurtures and restores the early morning body.
2 cups of filtered water
1 cup of chopped celery
2 cups of baby spinach
2 cups of romaine lettuce
1 chopped green apple
Juice of half a lemon
1 teaspoon moringa powder
Place all ingredients into a high speed blender until smooth
7. Take a moment to breathe, feel your body, sit in silence, meditate, listen to a
mantra, pray or just bring your awareness to an intention and gratitude for the day.
“This morning ritual allows YOU to create it in a way that supports your
individual needs, so that you are channeling your own truths and intentions
into your self healing.”
See more from Sahar HERE
Images by Chris Prestidge